top of page
  • Writer's pictureLibrary Herald

Bibliometrics of PhD Theses accepted by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in Different Schools

Library Herald Year : 2020, Volume : 58, Issue : 2and3 First page : ( 20) Last page : ( 35) Print ISSN : 0024-2292. Online ISSN : 0976-2469. Article DOI : 10.5958/0976-2469.2020.00021.4

Bibliometrics of PhD Theses accepted by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in Different Schools/Centres of Sciences and Social Sciences during 2005 - 2012

Garg K.C.*, Yadav Archana** * Former Chief Scientist, CSIR-National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies (CSIR-NISTADS), !Dr. K.S. Krishnan Marg, New Delhi -110 012 ** Librarian, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Lokra (Sonitpur) Assam-784 102

Abstract An analysis of 1184 PhD theses accepted during 2005-2012 by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi indicates that male scholars submitted 733 (61.9%) theses and remaining 451 (38.1%) theses were submitted by female scholars. Highest number of theses was accepted by School of International Studies followed by School of Language Literature & Culture Studies. These 1184 theses were supervised by 373 male and female supervisors. Of these 86 were female supervisors. Like the number of theses produced, highest number of supervisors was also from the School of International Studies. Of the total 373 supervisors, 83 prolific supervisors guided 639 scholars. Among these Professor Anand Kumar of the Centre for the Study of Social Systems and Professor V.K. Jain of the School of Environmental Sciences guided highest 17) number of scholars. The number of scholars per supervisor for male as well as female was almost equal. Keywords Bibliometrics, Dissertations, Jawaharlal Nehru University, JNU.

bottom of page